Modified on: 06/12/2022
Simple and quick guide to creating neutral bases with nicotine.
The vaping market has been booming in recent years and companies producing e cigarette liquid are constantly inventing new flavours to be diluted with or without nicotine.
As you may already know, vaping flavours must be diluted in a neutral base for electronic cigarettes (e liquid base), basically composed of vegetable glycerin and propylene glycol. Some manufacturers even recommend adding a small percentage of double-distilled water to improve the perception of the flavor and to not tire the coils (atomizer resistances).
This, of course, with regard to decomposed liquids and pure flavours, while ready-to-use vaping liquids are already complete to be vaporized. Regarding both ready-made e-liquids and DIY liquids, every vaper has the choice if to include or not the nicotine.
Liquid nicotine is a recommended element of those neo-vapers who switch from analog cigarette to e-cig, starting with higher doses and then trying to scale them down to zero. In these cases it is advisable to consult the guides to mix the flavours in the right doses in order to obtain the desired nicotine level.
Here are our 3 tips to create a basic e-liquid with nicotine without making mistakes.
1) Where to buy certified nicotine bases.
The first advice we give you to compose the neutral base for electronic cigarette at home is to contact a reliable physical or online shop, such as Terpy. The meaning is to avoid going to unknown foreign sites in order to save a few euros by purchasing non-compliant products.
Remember that vaping involves inhaling steam into our lungs, so it is essential that the neutral base is also composed of glycerin, glycol and certified nicotine bases. There are many brands and if you want to rely on a safe product, you can also buy glycol and glycerin at the pharmacy.
Actually both glycol and glycerin are products used in many drugs and products for the body. Instead, as for the nicotine bases, they can only be purchased in specialized stores such as our online shop.
2) Pure liquid nicotine is outlawed: if you find it, don’t buy it!
The European legislation currently in force allows the marketing of ready liquids or ready bases with nicotine in bottles with a maximum capacity of 10 ml. Moreover, the maximum concentration of nicotine in such products must not exceed 20 mg / ml.
Many years ago nicotine was sold pure in liquid form, but this posed a big risk, as if taken in excessive doses it can cause great damage to the body and even death. For this reason, nowadays nicotine can only be purchased already diluted in bases and ready-made e-cigarette liquids.
3) Use dilution tables to get the final result you want.
You will undoubtedly have heard of “neutral base with nicotine” 3 or “neutral base 50/50 nicotine 9” and be frightened just thinking to run into complicated proportions. For mathematical brains it will also be a pleasure, but for those who want to mix their neutral base without too much stress, it’s not so pleasant and they need something to count quickly.
For this reason, many vaping products e-commerce provide guide tables with the quantities of all the ingredients to create their own neutral base with nicotine. You can mix your neutral base, and then dilute the vaping flavours, in these proportions:
- 130 ml of neutral base 50/50 with nicotine 1.4 mg / ml: 1 bottle of 10 ml of ready neutral base with nicotine 18 mg / ml + 60 ml of propylene glycol + 60 ml of vegetable glycerin
- 140 ml of neutral base 50/50 with nicotine 2.6 mg / ml: 2 bottles of 10 ml of ready neutral base with nicotine 18 mg / ml + 60 ml of propylene glycol + 60 ml of vegetable glycerin
- 180 ml of neutral base 50/50 with nicotine 6 mg / ml: 6 bottles of 10 ml of ready neutral base with nicotine 18 mg / ml + 60 ml of propylene glycol + 60 ml of vegetable glycerin
- 240 ml of neutral base 50/50 with nicotine 9 mg / ml: 12 bottles of 10 ml of ready neutral base with nicotine 18 mg / ml + 60 ml of propylene glycol + 60 ml of vegetable glycerin
We hope that our advice has been useful for you to choose your neutral base with nicotine, or without it, with agility and awareness. Thanks to the neutral base for e-cig, you will be able to dilute our electronic cigarettes flavours in order to vape them.
Click here to buy right now the best vaping products on the market!