Modified on: 13/05/2022
Here’s how to mix e-cigarette liquids in 3 simple steps!
Have you already experimented with the use of ready-made vaping liquids and now you want to make them at home by purchasing the various components on Terpy?
Great idea, but if you are a beginner you will need to know the exact method to mix them: you are probably wondering how to dose e cigarette liquid, and today we will give you the answer!
You will know in detail the composition of the e liquid in percentages, the mixing methods, the maceration times and much more.
Are you ready? Then let’s start.
What to buy to best dose e-cigarette liquids
In order to obtain vape liquid with nicotine or without nicotine prepared to perfection, first of all you must know what to buy between accessories and ingredients. Here are two short lists that will serve you as a sort of shopping list.
Accessories for making electronic cigarette liquids at home
- A graduated container, such as those used in the kitchen. In this case, it must be used only for the preparation of liquids.
- Latex gloves, in order to protect your hands from the substances you are going to touch (especially liquid nicotine, if you intend to use it).
- A syringe, possibly with a large blunt needle.
- A large bottle to prepare the liquid, preferably with to shake the contents. Alternatively, you can buy a magnetic stirrer that will facilitate the operations.
- Smaller vials to transfer the e liquid base (if you think you want to compose liquids of different flavours). The 60 or 100 ml ones are fine so you can comfortably carry them even on the plane.
- An indelible marker or, alternatively, customizable adhesive labels so you can write down the details on the various liquids you make. In fact, you will have to write the preparation date, the flavours used, the VG / PG ratio and any quantities of nicotine present.
Ingredients for personalized electronic cigarette liquids
- Vegetable Glycerin (VG)
- Propylene Glycol (PG)
- Flavours for electronic cigarettes of various tastes
- Nicotine shots (optional). Nicotine is always diluted in PG or VG: choose the substance to use according to your preferences, considering that you will then mix the nicotine shots with the neutral base.
And now let’s see how to mix liquids for DIY electronic cigarettes.
Read also: Best practices for vapers: how to dilute the liquid of an electronic cigarette.
Make your electronic cigarette liquid base
The first step to make DIY vaping liquids is to make the e liquid base, also called a neutral base because it has no taste (as it does not contain aromas).
Put on your gloves and first of all decide how much to make (we recommend 1 liter in order to have a large amount ready for use) and what percentages of Propylene Glycol and Vegetable Glycerin to use.
If you are already familiar with ready-made vaping liquids, you will know your favorite PG VG ratio, alternatively you can choose to start with a 50/50 and then add a few more ml of one or the other component.
After combining PG and VG, shake the container or mix the neutral base well with the help of a well-cleaned tool.
Combine flavours and possibly liquid nicotine
Now that you have your 1 liter e-liquid base, you can take the smaller empty vials, e cigarette flavours, nicotine shots and make your own customized vaping liquids.
The flavour ideal concentration for aromas is 10%, while for nicotine it is up to you to decide which percentage to use. Ideally we can consider low amounts of nicotine up to 6 mg, medium up to 12 mg and high from 12 mg upwards.
Below there are 5 examples of dosage, the first without the use of nicotine and the others with different percentages of this substance, always taking into account 10% of flavours:
Electronic cigarette liquid dosage for 100 ml without nicotine
- 90 ml of e-liquid base
- 10 ml of flavour
Electronic cigarette liquid dosage for 100 ml with nicotine 3
- 73.3 ml of e-liquid base
- 2 x 10ml nicotine shots with 18mg nicotine (use a full bottle and 6.7ml of the other bottle)
- 10 ml of flavour
Electronic cigarette liquid dosage for 100 ml with nicotine 6
- 56.7 ml of e-liquid base
- 4 x 10ml nicotine shots with 18mg nicotine (uses 3 bottles for full and 1 bottle for 3.3ml)
- 10 ml of vaping flavours
Electronic cigarette liquid dosage for 100 ml with nicotine 9
- 40 ml of e liquid base
- 5 x 10ml nicotine shots with 18mg nicotine (uses all 5 vials for full)
- 10 ml of flavour
Electronic cigarette liquid dosage for 100 ml with nicotine 18
- 10 nicotine shots of 10 ml
- 10 ml of flavour
Read also: Best practices for vapers: here is how many cigarettes correspond to the electronic cigarette liquid bottle
Shake your DIY e-cig liquid and let it rest
Now that you have all the ingredients, what you have to do is mix them: close your bottles and shake them vigorously, then let them rest in a cool and dry place, preferably in the dark.
This last step allows you to best combine all the components of your vaping liquids and obtain an optimal flavour.
The resting times are variable and can even reach 10/15 days (usually an electronic cigarette liquid is ready when it takes on an amber color) …
But if you are in a hurry, there is a very simple method that allows you to accelerate the maturation and use your liquid almost immediately: immerse the bottle in hot water for 1 hour (the bottle should preferably be made of glass and strictly without a cap).
Every 15 minutes shake the bottle and change the water in the container, so it will always be hot.
Now you are ready to make your own DIY e liquid and buy e liquid or all the ingredients you need immediately on Terpy and let’s start!