Modified on: 06/12/2022
What is CBD and why everyone is talking about it
Terpenes and CBD are two worlds very close to each other and indicate one of the major changes of the times regarding cannabis and its use, including their use in e cigarette liquid.
If we talk about cannabis, it is clear how things are changing: a plant that has been the subject of violent prohibition since the Marijuana Tax Act of 1937, has only recently seen a rehabilitation process.
If many years ago, talking about cannabis was as talking about something forbidden, linked to a sense of revolt towards the system, today the issue of cannabis has changed: it is a legitimation speech.
In this in-depth analysis, we at Terpy will list the main beneficial effects of one of the most important active ingredients in cannabis: CBD, or cannabidiol. The only one is still legal in a lot of countries in all Europe.
CBD: what are the benefit effects
To introduce the positive effects of CBD, first of all it is a need to keep in mind that our body independently produces cannabinoid substances, called endo-cannabinoids.
The two most important endo-cannabinoids are CB1 and CB2, particularly important for a correct development of the nervous system and with fundamental neuroprotective functions. Furthermore, endocannabinoids are involved in numerous internal regulatory processes, including:
- Increase in levels of serotonin, dopamine and glutamate as a 5-TH1a receptor.
- Regulation of anandamide intake, with consequent analgesic effect;
- Allosteric modulator of μ-opioid and δ-opioid receptors, revealing itself as a potential remedy against addictions, inhibiting the metabolism and fighting the symptoms of addiction;
- By intervening on the PPAR-γ receptor, it intervenes in the metabolism of glucose into the blood, as a potential natural remedy for less aggressive forms of diabetes;
- By intervening on the release of intracellular calcium, CBD is an effective regulator of muscle contractions, acting on the reception of neurotransmitters in the synapses.
Continuously updated scientific studies (thousands of them have been published since the beginning of 2000) have shown that CBD can be an adjuvant for:
- Both chronic and traumatic inflammations, by reducing pain and directly intervening in muscle relaxation.
- Depression and anxiety attacks, by directly intervening in the process of releasing serotonin, dopamine and glutamate, CBD in some cases has been shown to help fight depression and anxiety attacks.
- Insomnia, for which it would seem to intervene on the causes;
- Addictions, in fact, although on an experimental basis, CBD oil reduces abstinence symptoms (nervousness, convulsions and tremors, anxiety);
- Epilepsy, revealing itself as an adjuvant in the treatment of childhood diseases such as Lennox-Gastaut syndrome and Dravet syndrome;
- Cancer, on an experimental basis, CBD proved to be an adjuvant in the control and reduction of cancer cells, especially in cases of breast cancer.
For therapeutic use only, CBD is available in:
- Edible capsules, as an effective supplement as light cannabis,it is also rich in essential fatty acids (omega-3 and omega-6);
- CBD drops, in sublingual solution, in varying concentrations;
- CBD oil for vaporizers, an atypical solution as it involves the irradiation of large environments;
- CBD e cig liquid, a product on which we at Terpy have specialized and that you can find in a thousand of different variations on our Store (sale is NOT prohibited!).
CBD e liquid without contraindications:
In particular, the diffusion of CBD e cigarette liquid has been favored by the fact that the electronic cigarette has no particular contraindications, if we compare it to the traditional cigarettes.
Actually, by not aspiring in fumes due to combustion, it reduces pulmonary stress and does not burden the cardiovascular system. This not only reduces the risk of lung cancer, but also of serious diseases such as stroke and heart attack and all the diseases related to cigarette smoking.
Is this a legal mode of use?
Let’s say that for now it is not prohibited, so those who use CBD e liquid are not in fact violating any law.
In fact, smoking CBD liquids for electronic cigarettes is lawful in contrast to smoking inflorescences of light cannabis, which nowadays remains an administrative offense despite the fact that the same inflorescences can be freely purchased.