Modified on: 16/05/2022
The best way to clean and disinfect the electronic cigarette in all its parts
Proper and regular cleaning of your e-cigarette is essential to extend the life of your device and to ensure that you have a great vaping experience. A sanitised e-cigarette is also safe for your health; don’t think that bacteria won’t proliferate on your beloved device!
But how do you disinfect your e-cigarette in its entirety without risking damaging it? It is good to have a clean device, but not one that is out of use…
Today we will explain the correct method for disinfecting your e-cig, so that you know how to do it from the first to the last step!
Let’s get started right away.
Daily cleaning of the e-cigarette
Before you think about deep cleaning with disinfection, you need to think about the daily cleaning of your device. In order to maximise the performance of the electronic cigarette, you should therefore proceed with the daily maintenance of the atomizer, drip tip and liquid tank.
How to clean an atomizer and other parts?
Here is the procedure in a few simple steps:
- Remove the atomizer from its housing.
- Remove the resistance.
- Remove the drip-tip and wash it under running water with soap and water, drying it first inside (with a rolled-up paper towel) and then outside.
- Take a cotton swab and use it to clean the chimney of the atomizer, i.e. the part near the central hole.
- Insert the corners of a sheet of blotting paper into the air holes, removing any residue of vaping liquids.
- Also clean the tank well and then reassemble everything.
Every 3 or 4 days, and every time you change liquid, you can also proceed with a quick wash of the atom: rinse it well with soap and water after removing the heating element inside and then dry it with a sheet of paper towels.
As for the complete disinfection, this can be done 2-3 times a month or more, depending on how often you use the e-cig.
Read also: Atomizer coil: prefabricated or regenerable?
Here is how to disinfect the electronic cigarette in the best possible way
When it comes to disinfecting your e-cig, you have 3 options; the first one is milder, while the second and third ones ensure both the removal of liquid residues and the annihilation of bacteria.
Here are the methods we are talking about:
- Deep washing. Soak the atomizer, drip tip and tank, without the heating element, in very hot water and baking soda, soap or vinegar. Leave for at least 30 minutes and then rinse and dry thoroughly with a napkin.
- Disinfection in the microwave or on the cooker. Completely immerse the atom, drip tip and tank, again after removing the heating element, in a microwave-safe container or boiling pot. Set the microwave on full power for 5 minutes or boil the atomizer on the cooker for 15 minutes. Let the water cool down and dry the device thoroughly.
- Sanitising with an ultrasonic washing machine. Buy a small ultrasonic washing machine and use it to sanitise your electronic cigarette. The waves generated by the ultrasonic cleaner remove every last bit of dirt from the atom, including bacteria. Again, what you can disinfect are the following elements: drip tip, tank, atomizer without resistance.
Are you wondering why we have focused so much on the atomizer, the drip tip and the tank and have not talked about disinfecting the box and the tube?
The reason is simple: the box battery and the tube have electronic components inside that could be damaged if they are washed.
How to remove bacteria and other residues from the e-cigarette body?
Dampen a napkin with a few drops of alcohol and wipe the outside of the tube or box battery with it. This way you will have a completely clean and well-functioning e-cigarette!
When to disinfect the e-cigarette?
If you are wondering when to clean your electronic cigarette, you should know that it all depends on how you use it. Deep disinfection should be done about twice a month, washing with soap and under running water about once a week and quick cleaning with a napkin once a day or every other day.
Proper maintenance of every part of your e-cigarette, with a strong focus on the atomizer, will allow you to enjoy an optimal vaping experience and extend the life of your device.
Remember also to change the resistance (if you have time to clean the e-cig) every time the taste of the liquids seems bad, when the vapour has trouble coming out and, in general, when your device doesn’t seem to work properly.
Again, the timing is very varied and depends on both the frequency of use and the e-cigarette flavourings you use. Organic flavourings tend to dirty the resistance more quickly and leave a lot of residues, while synthetic flavourings leave very little residue, ensuring a longer life for the head coil or homemade resistance.
If you have taken a few minutes to read this article, you now know how to disinfect your electronic cigarette and also how to carry out daily cleaning of the device.
Do you want to buy your first e-cigarette, resistors or the best e-cigarette liquids and vape flavours?
Then visit Terpy.shop now, our online shop for electronic cigarettes and dedicated products!